Monday, April 10, 2006

Elite League Playoff Champions!

Get in you Vipers!

Well, a great weekend at my Dad's house rounded off with the Newcastle Vipers ice hockey team winning the Elite League playoffs this afternoon, beating Sheffield Stealers 2-1 to win the trophy. We've been watching the action all weekend (two semis yesterday and the final today) via the magic of Broadband - all three games streamed LIVE for 10 quid! Fan-fucking-tastic it was too. Wish we could have been there though. I know a lot of people who don't like ice hockey ("I can't see the fucking puck!") but they've never been to an actual game. If you are one of these people, I urge you to check out your local team; buy yourself a ticket, get down there and soak up the atmosphere. It's a gazillion times better live than on television. Just go; it's far more exciting than football...

Anyway, apologies for the lack of updates recently. I would like to say I've been too busy to post, what with all the work I've got to do - but I really haven't been doing as much as I should. Some, but not enough.

Also, I'd like to recommend a recent song that's really caught my attention. My "Single of the Week" if you will. It is The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song, which marks the very welcome return of the fabulously wonderful Flaming Lips. I urge EVERYONE to check it out. I know that's the second thing I've urged upon you all tonight, but hey. At least do one of the two. I've given you a choice, what more do you want? Plus I may treat you all to a little review of their new album At War With The Mystics when I get my hands on it over the next week or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home