Friday, March 24, 2006

Pathetic Fallacy

Well, what a fucking miserable day...

Horrible, horrible rain. It really gets me down when the weather is like this. So, I've decided to listen to the most summery music I have. Time for a bit of Bob Marley, methinks.

Just thought I'd also show my support for the REAL protesters in Paris, protesting against the new employment law that makes it easier for employers to fire workers under 26. Watching the news you'd think that there are mass protest groups smashing up everything in site; indulging in the pyromaniacal tendencies that lie within all of us (don't deny it). But in reality these are legitimate protests, marred by a small minority who (quite understandably) feel so desperate and powerless that they feel violence is the only way to express themselves.

Anyway, hopefully de Villepin will meet with the unions, and repeal this law. Studying Employment Law this term is really confirming to me what I already expected; that employees everywhere have very little power and protection from the law indeed.

Oh well.

"Don't worry about a thing,
cos every little thing is gonna be alright."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home