Saturday, March 25, 2006

Easy come, easy go...

Well, the most noteworthy thing about today is that a glorious morning (which totally lifted my mood from yesterday) soon turned into another utterly foul day. My mood followed...

As I have nothing interesting to say, I thought I would post a passage from the book I'm reading at the moment, The Archaic Revival, by Terence McKenna; psychedelic thinker and explorer, who investigated the true natures of our universe and reality by taking many a "heroic dose" of various psychedelic drugs deep in the Amazon jungle. In contrast to me, Terence has A LOT of incredibly interesting things to say.

"Information is loose on planet three. Something unusual is going on here. The world is not made of quarks, electromagnetic wave packets, or the thoughts of God. The world is made of language. Language is replicating itself in DNA, which, at the evolutionary apex, is creating societies of civilised beings that possess languages and machines that use language. Earth is a place where language has literally become alive. Language has infested matter; it is replicating and defining and building itself. At it is in us. My voice speaking is a monkey’s mouth making little mouth noises that are carrying agreed-upon meaning, and it is meaning that maters. Without the meaning one has only little mouth noises. Meaning is a crude form of telepathy – listen to my voice, my thoughts becomes your thoughts and we compare them. This is communication, understanding. Reality is a domain of codes, and that is why the UFO problem is like a grammatical problem – like a dangling participle in the fourth-dimensional language that makes reality. It eludes simple approaches because its nature is somehow embedded in the machinery of epistemic knowing itself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home