Sunday, July 09, 2006

Back at last!

A thousand apologies, oh patient ones. Sorry for going so long with an update; I would try and come up with some sort of lame excuse, but I just don’t have one.

So, let’s get back up to speed. I’ll try and keep it brief, and in some kind of order.


· Way back on the 8th June I had my last exam (Corporate Insolvency). Ben came down to Sheffield and we hung out for a few days; chilling in the glorious sun. We went to Corporation and saw an awesome band (Khoma), a distinctly average band (36 Crazyfists) and a FUCKING AWFUL band (From First To Last).

· Returned home briefly to see my dad and step-mum renew their wedding vows for their 10th wedding anniversary, and to celebrate my mum’s 50th birthday. Returned to Sheffield to help Kier clean the house, and then left Sheffield for home for the last time. Goodbye Sheffield! I shall see you again when I go down to visit Kier and Alice next year.

· Started a home-study writing course with the Writers Bureau. I shall be sending my first Assignment off tomorrow. Shall keep you updated with any writing (and hopefully, some publications!)

· Have, of course, been watching the World Cup. Overall it’s been great, despite FIFA and their referees trying their hardest to ruin it by throwing cards around whenever a player goes down. My hatred for a certain Mr. Ronaldo knows no bounds; it never has ever since he joined Man U and I realised then what a whining, cheating, petulant child he is. (I like to think of myself as an old-school Ronaldo-hater) With any luck the tournament will end well tonight, and I really don’t mind who wins.

· A few weeks ago I stayed at Ben’s for a few days and we wrote a song that we’re both really proud of. It’s not quite finished yet; needs a finishing touch, but once it’s complete it will be posted on MySpace for you all to (hopefully) enjoy.

· Went to see X-Men: The Last Stand. Was really rather good.

· Still trying to get a job. Filling in application form after application form isn’t exactly fun, but the rewards are obvious.

· After England got knocked out me, my mum and my sister Melanie went to see the fabulous Illyria perform Macbeth on a tiny little stage outside Wallington Hall. It was a perfect evening for the 5 brilliant performers to do justice to what is, let’s face it, a brilliant play. It was a wonderful night.

· The next day Melanie and me went to the International Kite Festival in Sunderland with our dad and family. Was a good day for it; the wind was sufficient and constant, and the sun was bright. I’ve actually written a short descriptive piece about the event for my first Assignment.

· Saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest on Thursday, and fucking great it was too. (Don't click that link if you haven't seen it. Some people don't put spoiler warnings on forum titles...) It’s darker in tone than the first film and unfortunately takes a little while to really get going, but it gets better and better and… what an ending! I won’t elaborate for those of you who have yet to see it, but those who have will know what I’m talking about!


I think that’s about enough; brings my life up to date. Sorry again for my online absence, I shall strive (as part of my resolution to practice writing every day) to update at least a few times a week. We shall see if that happens.

Hope everyones' summer is starting well. Long may it continue.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FINALLY!

... jus' kiddin'

3:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home