Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow...

First off; apologies for lax posting. I know it hasn't been that long since I last posted, but I kind of hope that you've all been logging on every day, or even twice daily, only to sigh in disappointed and curse silently under your breath that I've not posted anything new. I know this probably isn't the case, but hey. If you have been; then I'm very, very sorry. And thanks for reading.

Anywho, it's deep into that time of year. Exam time! The centre of academic life around which our paltry existences are measured; every day of our studies focused on and culminating in several hours of frantic writing to prove how much we know about a subject that we may, or may not, care about. The point of scholastic ejaculation where all that knowledge we've built up through months of... actually, y'know what? I'm going to abandon that metaphor before someone gets hurt...

All this stress is exacerbated and exaggerated even more by the fact that I am fast approaching my last week at University. For those of you not in this position;
this is a fucking scary thought, believe me. So much so that I just try not to think it, and just get on day by day.

A day by day routine which is, right now, feeling somewhat of a drag. Day by day; the same old day. My days seem split in only two ways: 'revising' and 'not revising'. Whatever I do when I'm not revising, be it going for a walk, playing my guitar, reading, watching TV, hanging out with friends; it all just seems to fall into the umbrella of 'not revising'. Maybe it's guilt and comes from me feeling like I should be working harder. Maybe it comes from me wanting this chapter of my life (as good as it has been in parts) to be over. Or maybe it's the stress of facing my final exams to get my Law degree which I only really want because I believe in finishing what I've started.

Whatever it is; I can't wait for Uni to be over.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i seem to be the only one who ever comments on this thing, maybe im the only one who reads it.. anyways.. i dont log on daily, once every few days, i think your getting your hopes up thinking that people sign on twice daily.. people arent that interested in your life.. lol im just kidding!! :P hope all goes well in your exams go well.. GOOD LUCK.. lemme know how they go

11:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home